Winners of the litho-competition 2018
Out of all in all over 800 submissions 150 final competitors were chosen by the jury. Their artworks were exhibited throughout the Lithodays 2018 in Munich.
In a festive ceremony on Sept. 1st 2018 the winners were announced:
1st prize: Sakai Junji, "Moon illusion, 13' - XI", Japan
Technique & dimensions: Inkjet printing and lithograph / 29.7 x 63.0 cm
2nd prize: Aron Herdrich, "eine Ecke - 1h 45min - no. 2", Germany
Technique & dimensions: Planographic printing from analogue offset plate / 57.5 x 37.5 x 27.5 cm
3rd prize: Johanna Love, "Feinstaub I & II", England / UK
Technique & dimensions: Stonelithography, 20 x 30 cm
The Lithography Competition
The Munich House of Artists Foundation would like to bring lithography into the focus of attention. The competition will take place at international level.
1st Prize € 3,000
2nd Prize € 2,000
3rd Prize € 1,000
Application deadline: June 18th 2018, 12am CET
- Lithography artists from all over the world of every age group are eligible to participate
- The pre-selection is done digitally. For this purpose (max. three) lithographs must be submitted. The work should be contemporary-innovative and have the maximum dimensions 60cm x 80cm.
- A brief description of the basic artistic concept must be submitted.
- Applications are only possible when using the foundation's application form.
- A photograph of the participant is requested
- By submitting the application, the conditions of this invitation to tender will be accepted.
The entire field of artistic lithography is admitted to the competition. In addition to stone-prints, it includes plate-prints, foil-prints and alternative ways with different materials as well as mixed techniques.
Selection procedure and schedule
- The submission is made exclusively via "WeTransfer" to the following email address: email@example.com; videos and CD's cannot be considered.
- The deadline for submission is 31th May 2018 (extended until 18 June 2018)
- Work that is not submitted in due time cannot be considered.
- The applicants will be notified by e-mail of the outcome of the jury's preliminary ruling by the beginning of July. The work that is pre-selected is to be sent in the original format and without glazing and frames. The originals are exhibited during the Lithography Days.
- The four winners of the competition will be announced at the award ceremony.
- The award ceremony takes place in the context of the Lithography Days, on Saturday, 01st September 2018 in the Künstlerhaus Munich and is public.
The legal process is excluded.
The award winners are selected by the jury appointed by the Künstlerhaus Munich Foundation. The jury members are: Prof. Dr. Claus Hipp, Prof. Karl Imhof, Gesa Puell, Franz Hoke, Melissa Mayer Galbraith, Tom Kristen.
The jury's decision is final.